Yenta Mary, otherwise known as the Food Floozie ( a food blog smartly written by a woman who has won or placed in over 60 cooking contents!) , has given me a special shout-out in naming me the recipient of The Versatile Blogger award.
Seeing as this is my first time being the recipient of anything since joining the blogosphere, I feel pretty happy this Sunday afternoon.
The guidelines for accepting this award require the recipient to (1) thank the person who gave it to you; (2) tell 7 things about yourself; and (3) pass the award on to 15 bloggers, whom you have recently discovered and think are fantastic.
Thank-you to Yenta Mary for stumbling across my blog and sending some love my way. I highly recommend anyone interested in food to check out her blog.
Now. 7 things about myself.
1. To this day, I still haven't been able to figure out how to whistle with a piece of grass. This really annoys me.
2. I am a classic Type-A personality and am okay with it. I figure I get a lot done because of it.
3. I think that most situations in life can be improved with a glass of wine.
4. I think the best way to learn about who you are and who you want to be, is to have a child.
5. I have no idea what arugula is. I think it is hard to get here in Canada, because I never see it at the grocery store. But I make a lot of recipes that call for it. I use spinach instead.
6. Until this weekend, I had no idea what Cream of Tartar was. I looked long and hard for it in the dairy section, and where they keep condensed milk, wrongly thinking it was some kind of cream (as the name implies). It's a powder sold in the spices aisle. I still don't really know what it is!
7. I don't think my husband likes a lot of the recipes I try. But he does a good job of making me think he does, which I love him for.
Now onto the important business of identifying 15 blogs I've recently come across and think are noteworthy. This was quite easy for me to do, since I'm so new to this I have been actively seeking out good blogs in order to find inspiration. So here is a list of 15 blogs that have inspired me in some way:
1. A Busy Nest
2. Cooking for Little Finger
3. Everybody likes Sandwiches
4. Fab Find Foodie
5. Food and Whine
6. Lovely Paper Blog
7. Nobody puts Mamma in a Corner
8. Real Mom Kitchen
9. Santa's Gift Shoppe
10. Shamrocks and Shenanigans
11. Stepping out of the Toybox
12. Sugar the Golden Retriever
13. The Domestic Project
14. Where's my Rolling Pin
15. Your Happiness make me Happy