My daughter is nearly 3 and giving her father and I a run for our money these days. As everyone knows, kids this age say some pretty amusing (and embarrassing) things. Here's a sample of a few that I can't bring myself to correct:
- She calls a computer a “piano”;
- She calls her nipples “buttons". Like a belly button;
- Anyone wearing a dress is a ballerina or a princess;
- She thinks any service or trades person who comes to our door is "Bob the Builder";
- She thinks the letter "M" is pronounced like "bah-bah-bah-bah-bah!"
- McDonald's has some brilliant marketing people. Brilliant. We can't go to Wal-Mart without immediately hearing "Mommy, I'm hungry. We need some bah-bah-bah-bah-bah, you think?". We can discuss my role in this later, but if it weren't for their commercials, that lovely little melody wouldn't have been one of the first songs my daughter ever sang. Brilliant marketing tool.
S Coming Soon: a healthier, but still tasty version of McDick's chicken nuggets...