Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Heb 12:1-2 (NLT)

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Papaya & Black Bean Salsa












Since I had half of a papaya left over from making an invigorating papaya facial, I looked around for a recipe using papaya and found this this one in Salsa, Sambals, Chutneys And Chow-Chows


I love fruity salsa's and this one is really fresh and mild tasting. (Since I only had half of a papaya, I quartered the recipe and it made just the right amount for myself and three play-date moms).

What you'll need:
  • 1 C cooked or canned black beans
  • 2 ripe papayas, peeled and seeded, diced small
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
  • 1/2 green bell pepper (I used yellow), diced small
  • 1/2 red oncion, diced small
  • 3/4 C pineapple juice
  • 1/2 C lime juice (~ 4 limes)
  • 2 Tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 Tbsp minced red or green chile pepper of your choice (I used red)
  • salt
  • fresh cracked black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients and mix well. This salsa will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 4-5 days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work by www.lucyssoupcan.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 Canada License